2.03.2006

 

Holding the Door Open

Where I currently work it is VERY important to hold the door for approaching others, or the consequences may mean loss of face, demotion or even death by spoon. I have to admit sometimes a woman holds the door for me and I barge on through without insisting 'No, you first (cause your a weak girly and I must hold the door for you and stick out me manly man-chest with peks/be a gentleman etc)'. Why? Because I'm not sure that matters anymore. Do women want that these days? This really quite attractive girl held the door for me and gave me a lovely smile and I was tempted to say 'Nooooooooo!...You first, I insist (you angel from the very heavens above......woof woof...meooow awooooooo...hubba hubba etc)', but I just walked on though saying my thanks with a nod of the head. I was left wondering did I do the right thing. Am I old-fashioned at 25? I do see other men insisting the woman walk on through first, even though she has already used the energy necessary to prop the door open anyway. Other women seem to enjoy the fact a man holds the door for them, smiling and clearly thanking him. Some don't even acknowledge you (die man-scum). I guess it just depends on the individual.

Come to think of it why am I even writing about this...I mean people are dying in Africa and people are wearing Armani watches and Tony Blair and Tessa are shite.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?