2.03.2006

 

Current Affairs: Phil Carroll


On the 13th May 2005, a 49 year old man called Phil Carroll was punched so hard that he fell to the ground hitting his head to stone. A blood clot formed. He underwent surgery in which part of his brain had to be removed, and then he fell deep into a coma for 18 days. When he was eventually discharged from hospital he said later:
"It has made me very angry and bad-tempered. I don't remember bringing my children up, it has been very hard for me. I just have no interest in anything or anyone. I remember being at the birth of my first son and my first daughter, the other two I don't remember."
I have heard of other men that were not so lucky and just died at the beatings of foolish ignorant aggressive youth. Phil lives on, albeit limited. So why did Phil end up like this. Because he sought to defend his home and family from yobs who for no good reason simply decided to throw stones at him and his car. I guess he just wanted to reason with them, but instead ended up almost dead.
The scumbag that did this to Phil got 12 months in a detention centre, whatever that is. In fact, he will only actually be retained properly for just 6 months. And they call this punishment. No one will learn from this. I wish the 16 year old who did this, Michael Kuba-Kuba, a most miserable life thereafter.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?